Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Ugly Vegetables


I read this really good book. It is called "The Ugly Vegetables". The author is Grace Lin. I liked it because the pictures are colorful. The book has a recipe for ugly vegetable soup in the back of the book. Ugly vegetables are Chinese vegetables. The best part of the book is when Lin and her Mom become better friends with their neighbors by sharing soup and flowers. I have become better friends with my neighbors by sharing with them also. If you want to read this book, you can get it at your library or on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

  1. Isaiah -- What a wonderful blog you have created here! My girls and I read the Ugly Vegetables book last year from the library and really liked it. It is amazing how something that doesn't look like what you expect on the outside can have such surprisingly wonderful qualities on the inside! People are like that, too, don't you think? Love to see your heart for adoption, too. Keep up the great work! -- Ms. Lisa (from church)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah,
    I love your blog! I look forward to checking back often to see what's new. (I really like the title of your blog too!)

    Love,
    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete